Our approach to performance sciences is founded in embedding a group of professionals within a sport. Our Integrated Support Team's primary purpose is to support coaches in the delivery of a great performance environment.
An Integrated Support Team (IST) consists of specialists in areas such as mental performance, sport medicine and physiotherapy, strength and conditioning, sport physiology, performance analysis, biomechanics, and nutrition. By working collaboratively to develop the right approach, the team aims to ensure athletes are healthy, fit, and mentally ready for optimal performance.
Learn More About Your Provincial Performance Science Program
- Sport Physician Consultation
- Sport Physiotherapy: Injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Massage Therapy: Recovery and regeneration
- Sport Chiropractic
- Individual and group assistance with nutritional education and guidance.
- Individual and group assistance with decisions around supplement use
- Coach consultations of training programs, fitness testing and periodization
- Physiological and Anthropometric testing (incremental step tests, Max VO2, body composition)
Performance Analysis and Biomechanics
- Coach consultations on competition-based performance indicators and how technology might be used to better understand performance
- An analysis of human movement as it relates to technical execution of the sport
Strength & Conditioning
- Individual and group strength and conditioning services (consultation or direct programming).
- Training and testing of strength and power
- Individual and group assistance (sport-specific or multi- sport) through mental skills development in areas such as:
- Relaxation techniques
- Focusing skills
- Stress management